Hurray! You’ve graduated from Pepperdine Law! The last thing on your mind is your Pepperdine Email account, but there are some things you need to know…
- After graduation a process starts that begins with your status changing from student to alumnus. This process involves a file transfer that takes place sometimes weeks after graduation. Sure, you have the diploma but the system doesn’t recognize you as an alumnus until that file is transferred from the student system to the alumni system. Typically this takes place about a month after the date of your graduation. That’s when all the automated stuff starts up.
- On the fifteenth day of the month immediately after your graduation date you will get an email to your student email account. This email will give you the instructions and an important link you will need to setup your alumni email account… but you needn’t wait for that note, you can do it NOW by going here.
- Note that student email accounts are deleted 90 days after the student’s last enrolled semester (90 days from the time of your entry into the alumni system — typically less than a month after Graduation day).
- Once an account is deleted/deactivated the data/emails in that account it is not recoverable.
But there’s good news. You’re an alumnus now! Alumni may obtain a free, email account through Pepperdine’s Alumni Association. You can find more information on Alumni Email at this website.
Part of this process also includes instructions on how to easily migrate your Pepperdine Google Drive contents to a new Alumni Google Drive account! The best benefit? UNLIMITED STORAGE!
After your student email address expires, no mail will be received at your student address. To make a smooth transition, the Alumni Association recommends:
- Set up your new alumni e-mail address immediately when you get that email noted above.
- Forward your mail in Wavenet to a new email address — that new alumni address or another one you prefer. (Note that forwarding will only work up until your student email account is suspended.)
- Set up an out-of-office message in your Pepperdine Student Email (accessed through Wavenet) account informing all your contacts of your graduation and of your new email address. Log into Wavenet click on Options, and then update your Out of Office Assistant.