Hurray! You’ve graduated (or will soon graduate) from Pepperdine Caruso School of Law! The last thing on your mind is your Pepperdine Email account, but there are some things you need to know…
- The following information applies to all students graduating from any program at Pepperdine: Student email accounts, WaveNet, and other network-related resources are governed by university policy and managed by the university IT department. Student email accounts, WaveNet access, printing, Zoom, etc. will be deactivated 90 days after the date of the commencement ceremony.
- Recent graduates will receive automated notifications in their student email inboxes 90, 60 and 30 days before account deactivation.
- After graduation a process starts that begins with your status changing from student to alumnus. This process involves a file transfer that takes place sometimes several days (up to four weeks) after graduation. Sure, you have the diploma but the system doesn’t recognize you as an alumnus until that file is transferred from the student system to the alumni system. Typically this takes place about a month after the date of your graduation. That’s when all the automated stuff starts up.
- On the fifteenth day of the month immediately after your graduation date you will get an email to your student email account. This is a reminder message to encourage you to move out of your student email account and other Google-based services hosted for you by Pepperdine.
- Note again, that student email accounts and related services (Google Drive, Calendar, etc.) are disabled 90 days after the student’s commencement date (the day of the graduation ceremony).
- Once an account is deactivated the data/emails in that account it is not recoverable.
NOTE: Pepperdine offers a special Alumni-only email service provided by Google.
You will want to use a personal email address going forward. We recommend that you use something professional, perhaps you already have such a personal email address. If you don’t, we recommend creating an email account on Google’s Gmail service.
If you plan to migrate your email from your Pepperdine Google email account to a personal gmail account you will want to ensure that you have a personal gmail account set up first. Then review these instructions all the way to the end before moving forward with the migration.
Part of this process should include your migration of the data from your Pepperdine Google Drive to your personal drive space. If you are migrating to another Google account, keep in mind that you may run into space limits on your targeted storage system.
Resources from Pepperdine’s IT department on this topic:
Account Changes When Transitioning from Student to Alumni Status
Transfer or Download Your Google Workspace Data(for new graduates)https://community.pepperdine.edu/it/alumni/email/datatransfer.htm
After your student email address expires, no mail will be received at your student address. To make a smooth transition, we recommend:
- Set up your new personal (and professional) email address immediately when you get that email noted above.
- Forward your mail in Wavenet to a new email address — that new personal gmail address or another one you prefer. (Note that forwarding will only work up until your student email account is suspended.)
- Set up an out-of-office message in your Pepperdine Student Email (accessed through Wavenet) account informing all your contacts of your graduation and of your new email address. Log into Wavenet click on Options, and then update your Out of Office Assistant.