Students can conduct research, download research projects, and check e-mail within the accessible area. For those students considering a new laptop purchase please review our recommendations page here.
You can easily access the WiFi network on your laptop, tablet, smart phone, or other wireless device by registering your device at https://wavesconnect.pepperdine.edu. To register your device, select “Current Students, Faculty, and Staff” and then enter your wavenet ID and password credentials to access the WiFi network.
Connection Instructions for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Open a web browser on your device (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and visit any web page. You should be redirected to the WavesConnect website for your location. If not, point your browser to https://wavesconnect.pepperdine.edu.
- Read and agree to the Computer and Network Responsible Use Policy.
- Click “Start” next to the heading of “Current Students, Faculty and Staff.”
- Enter your NetworkID and password. (Don’t know your password?)
- Select “Student”, “Faculty/Staff – University Owned” or “Faculty/Staff Personally Owned” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Continue.”
- Wait for the progress bar to complete or reboot your computer.
- Registration is now complete. You must register your computer or device annually.
Remember, when you register your device, your registration will last one year. Registering as a guest user lasts only one day.
For more information on Network and Internet Access via Computer Registration see Pepperdine University’s IT site here.