Note the tool kit at the top of the essay response box which allows for different text formatting; for example, there are systems for creating numbered and bulleted answers. This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
At any point, you may click into “Exam Controls” in the top right of the screen and hide your exam from view if you need to leave your screen, suspend exam to be completed later, or submit. This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
A scientific calculator is available within Examplify. It can be located by clicking “Tool Kit” on the top right corner of your screen, and then “Calculator”. This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
You may navigate back to previous questions in two ways:
- You can click the number of the question you would like to return to, located on the far left-hand side of the screen
2. Or, you may press “Previous” on the bottom right corner of the screen
This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
Spellcheck is automatically available for all exams. When you misspell a word, a red line automatically appears under the word, and by right-clicking on the word (similar to in Microsoft word), you will be given correctly spelled options. Select your preferred word and the misspelled word will be replaced. This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
Note the icons on the toolbar above the essay response section that allow for cutting, copying, and pasting text. Simply highlight the relevant text and select the icon you would like to use to modulate that text. This feature is only available on the exam when permitted by the professor.
Compatibility with High Sierra
If you have a version of Mac OS lower than 10.13 (High Sierra) please update your system. If your system will not support High Sierra or a newer OS your system will not support ExamSoft Examplify (see ExamSoft’s site for details).
If you have questions please contact ExamSoft support at (866) 429-8889 or you may stop by the Law Library’s Public Services desk and ask for an Information Services team member.
Compatibility with Catalina
Examplify now supports the latest Mac OS Catalina. However, if you want to update your Macbook devices to this software, you must also reinstall version 2.1.0 of Examplify by going to www.examsoft.com/pepperdinelaw.
In Examplify, there is a “Mock Final Exam–Open Notes” available for all students to try. This allows students to practice taking an exam with open notes and internet access.
It is recommended that students take a mock exam before the first real exam to make sure software is working correctly, and to become familiar with the interface and features of the Examplify software. Here is a guide for taking the mock exam:
Download the Mock Exam
- Under My Exams on the left-hand menu of Examplify, select “Mock Final Exam– Open Notes”, and download the exam
Log In and Start Exam
4-digit exam ID number: This ID is unique to you, and can be found in Wavenet
Exam password: Open2019
For the real exam, the exam number will be found in your WaveNet account, and the password will be given by the proctor on the day of the exam.
- Under Exam Details and Exam Settings, you will be able to see the default settings for the mock exam. Since it is open notes, the exam should be Non-Secure, Wifi On, and you should be able to Navigate between questions.
- You will be directed to a start-up box. Click the agreement and the green Start button to begin.
At any time in the Exam, you are also free to navigate into a browser to check an answer, into notes from class, or consult any other resources on or off your computer that would be helpful!
- For an essay question, type the response in the given answer section. Note the essay control options at the top of the exam, allowing adjustments of font size, style, page alignment, and more.
- Within the text box, you may separate your answers by labeling each answer within the essay section, e.g. Question 2, Part A. Examplify automatically saves and backs up your responses every 30 seconds.
- Also, note the icon that allows you to check character and word count.
- Since navigation is open, at any point you may go back to a previous question or forward to the next, by either clicking on the question number bubbles on the left of the page, or by clicking on the previous/next tabs at the bottom right of the page.
- Note also the Exam Controls at the top right of the page which allow you to hide exam from view, suspend exam to be completed later, and submit.
- In the tool bar, you are able to adjust text size and set an alarm.
- Once you have reached the end of the exam and are happy with your responses, click Submit from the Exam control menu or after clicking Next from the last question.
- Both options will lead you to the preliminary submit page. Click the box to signify you are done and press submit.
- You will be led to the green Congratulations page, and then back to the Examplify dashboard, where your mock open exam will be listed under Completed.
For a step-by-step tutorial, please see the video below:
a quick and easy process…
Click Exam Controls then Submit Exam
If you are certain that you would like to submit your exam, check “I am ready to exit my exam”.
Then click “Submit Exam.”
WARNING: Once you click “Submit Exam,” you cannot re-enter your exam.
Once your exam has been successfully uploaded, you will receive the green confirmation screen. You have now completed your exam. Please wait for further instructions from your Proctor.
If the upload process is taking some time or seems to be “timing out,” then you may want t relocate to a place where you are certain there is a strong, reliable internet connection and then restart your laptop computer, and Examplify will attempt to upload your exam again after it has found an valid Internet connection.
— Adapted with permission from Jimmy Bowers —
When you have finished typing your exam answer(s) in Examplify, you will need to successfully close out of Examplify.
If the upload process is taking some time or seems to be “timing out,” then restart your laptop computer, and Examplify will attempt to upload your exam again after it has found an valid Internet connection.