This post will go into detail on how to install the Zoom Chrome extension, specifically. The Zoom Chrome extensions allows participants to schedule or start Zoom meetings directly from Chrome, as well as schedule them from Google Calendar. You may learn more about the Zoom Chrome extension by visiting Zoom’s official documentation here, or continue reading to learn how to use and install the service.
1. To utilize the Chrome extension, you must first have the Chrome browser, which you may download here. Note that Chrome is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 or later, and it is preferable to have the latest updated version.
2. If you are already using the Chrome browser (or if you have just finished successfully downloading it), next, you may download the Zoom Chrome extension from the Google Chrome Store by clicking here.
3. From the Chrome Store, select “Add to Chrome.”
4. A pop-up window will now appear to confirm you selection. To confirm and begin installation, select “Add extension.”
5. Shortly, you should now see the Zoom icon appear at the top of your browser menu, to the right of your search bar. Another pop-up menu will show asking whether or not you would like to sync these extension to all computers under this Google account; select your preferred choice.
6. Now, when selecting the extension’s icon, you will be asked to sign-in. To use your Pepperdine Zoom account, select “Sign In with SSO” at the bottom.
7. Next, enter your Pepperdine email address and password.
8. You will now be able to either schedule or start a meeting directly from your Chrome browser menu at any time.
9. Additionally, when logging on to the Google Calendar associated with your Pepperdine account, you may schedule any calendar event or invite as a Zoom meeting.
To do so, simply select on the time and day you would like to schedule a meeting on your calendar, and a pop-up window of details will appear. Adjust the meeting settings accordingly to fit your preferred title, date and time.
On this window, select “Make it a Zoom Meeting” on the bottom right.
10. You will now see the meeting created, alongside an automatic Zoom Meeting Link. To edit or view the details of this meeting, simply click on the scheduled event.
11. If you have shared this meeting with another individual, he or she will automatically receive an email with the Zoom Meeting invitation and link. If you would like to adjust any details on your created meeting, simply select the “Edit” pencil on the top menu of your scheduled event.
For more information on Zoom for faculty, please click here.
For more information on Zoom for students, please click here.