Welcome to Pepperdine School of Law!
On behalf of the Pepperdine School of Law Information Services Department, we want to welcome you to the Pepperdine family and let you know we are here to help with all your technology needs.
A few helpful hints: If you are new, or simply returning to Pepperdine, welcome back to Malibu! Here is some information regarding the more common technology questions we see to help you get started.
1. WaveNet: Wavenet is Pepperdine’s central location for all web-based administrative systems including the Faculty Center, class rosters, grade submission, etc. You can communicate with all of your students by selecting student names on your class roster in WaveNet and then clicking on “Notify selected students”. You can also communicate with them directly via email. When communicating with students, we recommend that you use your Pepperdine e-mail located conveniently on your Wavenet page.
2. Pepperdine Email: Your Pepperdine email address is typically your first name, “dot”, your last name. To access your Pepperdine email, simply log in to WaveNet and select the “Email” button from the upper-right corner. Your Pepperdine email is your primary contact for students. Your email address is already listed in WaveNet, and therefore, once your students enroll in your class, they can find your pepperdine.edu email address in our Gmail directory.
3. LawTech.pepperdine.edu: You may want to review our Information Services website on “The Basics”, which includes important technology and library information for the Pepperdine School of Law. The “Classroom Tech” tab at the top right of the page also provides an overview of the technology available in each individual classroom. This site is a great resource for finding answers to specific questions regarding Pepperdine law school technology.
4. TWEN is Pepperdine Law’s Learning Management System: You will receive an additional email from one of our Reference Librarians with information on how to access your WestLaw and LexisNexis Accounts. Once you have access to WestLaw, I can help assist you with getting your TWEN course(s) set up if you wish to use TWEN to post your syllabus or other resources and e-materials for students to access. In addition to TWEN, we also have Courses powered by Sakai as an alternative course management system. You can access Courses by going to http://courses.pepperdine.edu Here are some self-help pages about Courses.
5. Video Conferencing: Pepperdine uses Zoom for video conferencing. Here are a few links to help you get started:
6. Getting Help: If you have any general support questions, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or myself, directly at email@example.com. In addition, you can call our direct support line during normal office hours (Pacific Time) at 310-506-7425, should you have any needs or concerns with the classrooms, the technology therein, or your Pepperdine WaveNet account.
7. Classroom Tech Support: If you encounter any tech issues during your class, there are also support line “hot” phones located in each classroom. Simply pick up the receiver to be automatically connected to a technician located in the law school.
Finally, please set a password by visiting myid.pepperdine.edu, select “SET/RESET PASSWORD” and follow the instructions on the screen. Your NetworkID is ______Your Campus Wide ID (CWID) is ______
Welcome to Pepperdine! We look forward to working with you, and hope you have a great semester!