If using Excel to maintain large amounts of data, it is recommended that you use a Header Row to label each column of data. You can then freeze the pane to keep this Header visible no matter how much scrolling you do in the Excel Worksheet.
- Create a new Row with your heading information. Or identify the portion of the spreadsheet that will be used as a head row.
- Select the cells that make up your header row by clicking on the Row Number. It will highlight blue.
- Optional- Create a visual contrast for this row by formatting the font in the Home Tab.
- Click the Row Number for the next row AFTER your Header Row. It will highlight blue.
- Click tab View, in Window, click Freeze Panes. Select Freeze Panes. View information on how to create Shade Every Other Row in Excel or Filter, Sort, and Remove Duplicate Data.