Changes to your desktop screen (files moved around, missing buttons, replaced wallpaper, etc.) after exiting an exam is a common issue with Examplify, and the changes are part of the system lockdown imposed by Examplify during an exam.
These instructions will guide you on restoring your desktop to its original state if is altered after you have taken a closed Examplify ExamSoft exam.
While we cannot prevent the possibility of your desktop being changed, the Examplify website provides instructions on how to restore your computer in the case of this issue.
*Examplify must be completely installed on your device before following these steps. You will be running the command:
- Open Windows File Explorer, and select “Local Disk (C:)” on the left-hand menu.
Double-click on “Program Files (x86)”
2. Then double-click on ExamSoft and then Examplify
3. Double-click on “Services”
4. Then right-click on the “EsWinsr” file. Select Run as an Administrator. Allow the pop-up script to run, and it will close automatically.
5. Restart your computer, and your desktop should be restored.
- Press Command + Space Bar together to open search. Type in “Terminal.” Double-click on the applicaiton.
2. A script box will pop up. Paste the command typed out below into the end of the script and press enter:
defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -boolean NO
defaults delete com.apple.dock mcx-expose-disabled
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type png
3. Restart you computer, and it should be restored.
IF YOU NEED ANY TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANCE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT TO INFORMATION SERVICES AT (310) 506-7425 OR SUPPORT@LAW.PEPPERDINE.EDU. GOOD LUCK!