Pepperdine Caruso School of Law allows students to take their midterm and final law exams online through Examsoft’s Examplify. If you plan to use your laptop computer to take your exams, Examplify is required.
If you have a new laptop computer for the Fall 2022 semester, then your operating system may be updated to the newest version of either macOS 13 or Windows 11. If so, please follow the instructions macOS 13 or Windows 11:
On your Mac, choose Apple menu icon in the top left of your screen
Select System Preferences, then click Software Update
“Automatically keep my Mac up to date” should be unchecked
Click on “Windows Update”
Click the dropdown for “Pause updates” and choose the number of weeks (up to five) for which to disable automatic updates on Windows 11
Examplify Downloading, Installing, and Registering
For instructions on how to download and install Examplify on your laptop computer, please see the instructions listed below.
For an instructional video that discusses this process and more, please view the video below. The timecode for downloading, installing and registering for Examplify is at 00:28.
1. Check your email for a message sent from the Associate Director for Instructional Technology Services Hong Kha through email@example.com that contains your log in credentials and have that one hand.
2. Log on to http://www.examsoft.com/pepperdinelaw.
3. You will be brought to the main sign-in page for ExamSoft. Log-in on the left underneath “Exam Takers.” (Make sure to not log-in under the administrators/faculty portal.)
3. You will now be directed to a page titled “Getting Started with Examplify.” Follow the numbered instructions listed. First, there is a section titled “Check Your Minimum System Requirements.” Click on your corresponding computer (Mac or Windows) and verify that your OS meets Examplify’s minimum requirements.
4. Under step 2, titled “Install and Register Examplify,” follow the instructions listed below.
a. Click “Download.”
b. Click “Save File”
c. Navigate to your “Downloads” folder and double-click “Examplify.dmg for Mac and Examplify_2.4.0_win for Windows”
d. In the “Examplify” device folder, click on “Install Examplify.mpkg”
e. Follow the steps of the Examplify Installer.
5. Once Examplify is finished downloading, is should automatically open with a blue screen. Accept the license agreement by clicking the green “I Agree”.
6. Next, you will be asked to find your institution.
Type in Pepperdine University School of Law and select “Next.”
7. You will be prompted to sign in to Examplify with the same information used prior for ExamSoft. Again, your student log-in information may be found in an email sent by the Associate Director for Instructional Technology Services Hong Kha through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind that since your account is registered with your Pepperdine email, you may be receiving constant email notifications on your account status and exam progress.
8. Now, you have reached the main Examplify page. This is where you may view, download and take all of the official midterm and final exams, as well as the current mock exam, that is registered under your account.
For more information on ExamSoft Examplify, such as how to take a mock exam, troubleshooting, exam features, and much more, please click here.
For Student Test Takers Tech Support and Help, please contact the ExamSoft Test Takers Support line at 866.429.8889.