There are a number of ways to stay connected to your departmental voicemail when working off-campus.
- Retrieve messages with your phone
- Retrieve messages using Jabber
- Have the voice messages forwarded to an email address as an audio file attachment (similar to what is done automatically with your personal office voice mail).
To retrieve messages from any phone :
Note: This will work from any phone anywhere.
- Dial (310) 506-4002.
- When the system answers with: …”Hello you have reached Pepperdine U. messaging system…”
- Immediately press the star key (* )
- Enter your voicemail ID number (last 4 digits of your phone number or 4-digit phone extension) followed by #.
- Enter your PIN (XXXXXX) followed by #.
To retrieve messages using Jabber on your computer:
Note: Jabber will not notify you of any messages on a secondary line you have associated with your Jabber account. Notification is only functional on the prime line (your primary number on jabber).
- To access voicemail on a secondary line in Jabber, select the line from the “line bank” on the bottom left corner of the Jabber screen.
- Then go to the upper left and enter “4002” in the “Search or call” blank then hit enter. This will dial the voicemail system for that line.
- Enter your PIN for that line’s voicemail box.
To forward messages to an email address:
Note: This solution may not work for every situation.
- You can forward your messages that go into your departmental phone line’s voicemail box to any one email address you prefer.
- You cannot send this voicemail to multiple email addresses
- But you can functionally distribute all such voicemail messages using a rule in Google Mail that will allow you to forward incoming messages meeting the voicemail criteria.
- You can also send the voicemail messages to a group distribution email (like a Google Group) that will enable you to send those voicemail messages to more than one person.
- Consider this option carefully because you will run the risk of more than one person on your team returning messages to the same caller. This can create some confusion.
- If this approach is something you’d like to do, please contact the Information Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We can help you get a departmental email address if necessary and will help setup the voicemail forwarding to the address you specify.