Please note that this summer the School of Law Information Services will be updating technology features in the classrooms, courtrooms, and seminar rooms.
It may be necessary to relocate classrooms on an occasional basis during the course of the summer. The SOL Information Services team will continue to assist with audio/video needs.
The project will start this Friday, May 10, 2013 at 5 pm.
Where– Seminar Rooms 1, 2, 3, and 4. Classrooms C, D, E, F, and G
What– Cut trenches in and jack hammer the concrete floors. Conduit and floor boxes will be set in the trenches, then fresh concrete will be poured into the trenches.
Why– To accommodate power outlets and audio/visual connections
What to Expect– Construction teams, noise (in particular on 5/11, 5/13, and 5/15) and some dust in the building.
Additional Information- During this phase, Classrooms A, B, and Mendenhall Appellate Courtroom will not be involved.
Below is a summary of the current plan for the first two weeks of construction:
- Friday, May 10 – 5pm job start – contractor to lay out carpet masking, move tables, pull up carpet where needed inside classrooms
- Saturday, May 11 – saw cut
- Monday, May 13 – saw cut, install conduit, install floor boxes
- Tuesday, May 14 – install conduit, install floor boxes, start epoxy doweling
- Wednesday, May 15 – epoxy doweling, possibly some concrete delivery
- Saturday, May 18 – epoxy doweling, concrete delivery
- Monday, May 20 – concrete
- Tuesday, May 21 – cleanup/contingency
Please contact Phillip Bohl if you have any questions or concerns.